Friday, June 12, 2009
It's ours!
So, in case you were wondering...the house is ours. We have not moved in yet because we are going to completely renovate the kitchen first. The existing cabinets and countertops are AWFUL. So we're just starting over. It didn't have a dishwasher and after 2 years of washing dishes myself, that was a must. We have our plans drawn up, our cabinets and granite countertops picked out, just trying to decide on tile for the floor and back splash. I will post before and after pictures later. Andrew is doing all the work himself with the help of a few good friends. I'm painting almost every surface of this house, and the carpet and bathrooms will eventually have to be done too. We can live with those for a little while though. We could not live with the kitchen the way it is currently. Andrew has already begun some demolition and as soon as our cabinets come in the real work begins. The girls have loved being able to come to the new house and go outside and play while we are getting some work done. Upon further inspection of the yard I discovered I had a fig tree, some strawberry plants, and some hydrangeas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment