So today is January 14, a day I know I will never forget. One year ago today, Dr. Thomas took my baby back to an operating room and found that a sticker was being perfectly held in her airway. They removed the sticker and worked quickly to save her life. This time a year ago, I was a mess. I look back at the whole time and still don't know how I was able to get through it. To see your baby like that, absolutely lifeless will weaken your very core. I was able to lean on my Heavenly Father and my loving husband. I would ask you to listen to the song by Mark Schultz that i added to our website. It's a song that brings back so many memories of sitting in the PICU crying out to God, begging him to save her life. My heart goes out to parents who are now sitting with their children in the PICU. We can proudly praise the Lord today for the incredible blessing our Anna Grace is to us and to everyone that knows her. I love hearing how special she is to the people around her. My favorite thing is that she absolutely loves to sing. This sticker could have not only taken her life, but could have ruined her voice. Now, she leads her preschool class in Jesus Loves Me! What an awesome God we serve! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her life. I pray that we will have lots of opportunities to share her story, and that she will grow to love and serve the Lord that so perfectly held that sticker in place!
You can go to January and February 2009 posts to see where she has come from....
January 14, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment