Friday, January 21, 2011

Mercy Elizabeth Hunter

Mercy Elizabeth Hunter was born on Tuesday, January 18th at 12:30pm. She weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long. The doctor had said for several weeks that she was going to be a big baby, and he was certainly right. I had a wonderful experience at this hospital and with this birth. Everything went smoothly and I even experienced minimal pain, which is more than I can say for my last 2 c-sections! They sent us home on Thursday, only 2 days after her birth. Unfortunately, the part of this birth that didn't go smoothly was at home. Monday morning we took Allie to the doctor because she had shown signs of a mild cold and we weren't going to take any chances with a new baby on the way. The doctor didn't feel like we should either and recommended the girls not go to the hospital. Crushed didn't describe it, we were all heartbroken. I think though on the bright side, it allowed Andrew and I to bond with Mercy one on one for a few days before we had to share our attention. the pediatrician also said we should wait for the girls to hold her and touch her until Allie has completed her antibiotics. That hasn't been as bad as we thought it would be. She has now finished her medicine and they are taking a bath to get ready to hold their sister for the first time. Those pictures soon to come......



Big sisters on the big day!

8 lbs 12 oz


There's nothing like a daddy's love for his girls!



Going home to meet her sisters!

No comments: