Today was the day. The day we have been dreading. That sweet, tiny baby is all grown up now and has started Kindergarten. Needless to say it's been a long day for this mom and dad. Last night I did some last minute shopping for all her school supplies and some brand new tennis shoes. She picked out her uniform, then we read a book sent to her just for this special occasion from Aunt Carolyn. After the girls went to bed, I did too. I tried to let myself cry so maybe it wouldn't be too bad in the morning. Well, that was not successful. The good news is, she never saw me cry. The bad news is I cried from the moment we got into the car until we got out for breakfast. Andrew took the morning off to go to breakfast with me, Anna Grace, and Mercy. We both dealt with this whole experience very differently. He said he fought off the urge all day to stop by and see how she was doing. I looked at a clock constantly wondering when 3:30 was going to get here. We have another book she received from her Pre-K teachers after graduation called "Kindergarten Rocks" that she has been reading all summer. Andrew picked her up today and when she got into the car she said, "Dad, that book was right, Kindergarten rocks!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment