Thursday, May 3, 2012

Turkey day 2-Ephesus

On the actual Easter Sunday, our group took a day and traveled to Ephesus, yes THE Ephesus! The biggest part of this day though, was not being in the place of the church of Ephesians but it's a story about a stolen IPhone, recovered pictures, and undeserving grace.

So, Andrew and I had a beautiful morning together with breakfast, getting in the car with 2 random Turkish people, and a walk through the Sunday morning bazaar. After we reunited with our group we were headed out the door to go to Ephesus when I realized I couldn't find my brand new, not even a week old, IPhone 4s. I was angry to say the least. I knew it had been stolen (and in fact we learned later that day it had). My heart immediately hardened towards the Turkish people. Me and my bad attitude completely ruined the experience that was Ephesus on Easter Sunday and I was ready to pack it all up and go home. Until....in front of the grand theater one of the sweet LC girls wanted to take our picture. For some reason the camera was acting crazy so Andrew took it to check it out.

Here's where we have to back track to the week before. On the last day of school, I let one of the teachers borrow my camera to take some pictures of her class and bunnies. I put the card into the computer so she could upload her pictures. Unfortunately that computer was set up to automatically erase the card. We searched all over that computer and my pictures were gone. They were no where to be found. Disney World, Christmas, birthday parties...all gone. I'm sure you are wondering why I hadn't uploaded them onto our computer. Well, our computer is dead, hence the no blogging. So here we are, I had accepted the fact that those precious pictures from the past 6 months were completely gone.

Fast forward to Ephesus, no IPhone, bad day. So after the picture in front of the grand theater, Andrew took the camera and checked it out to find there were over 500 pictures on the card! My pictures were back! After many tears of joy and words of wisdom from my husband I still struggled with how my pictures had miraculously appeared. The Lord showed me grace. He had to do something amazing to get my heart back where it should have been. Oh how our hearts are deceitful! And what undeserving grace!!!!

No comments: