Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sips 'N Strokes

The girls and I have been in Tuscaloosa for a week visiting my family before everyone starts school. While we were there my mom, sister, and I had a much needed "girls night out". We went to Birmingham to this place called Sips 'N Strokes. You pick the night you want to go according to the painting you want to do (they do a different painting every night). Then someone teaches you how to paint the piece for that night. We chose the sunflowers. It's fascinating to see how every one's painting is similar but very different. We had a wonderful time and were happy to hear they would be opening one in Tuscaloosa soon. I'm very excited about going again!!! Where were the children you ask? Well, I have a wonderfuly patient father and very kind brother who offered to stay with my girls. It was not easy, we were gone for 7 hours and they had to put them both to bed. They toughed it out, and i think they came away with a renewed appreciation for moms everywhere





Mom putting final touches on her sunflowers

Carolyn's "A type" art


My masterpiece, if you come to our house any time soon you may see it again....hanging on the wall











No comments: