Friday, August 8, 2008
Mommy's Big Helper
Recently I've been letting Allie have a small role in things around the house. She likes to help me fold laundry (which usually means she unfolds things I've already folded and it ends up being more work for me). I've been trying to teach her how to fold wash cloths. She likes step 1 to make them into rectangles, but doesn't want to move on to step 2 and make them into little squares. She also helps put the laundry into the dryer. Yesterday, Allie and I made play dough together. She was very excited about that. We had to go to the store first and buy the stuff. Any person that she could get to stop and talk to her she told them that we were making play dough. She poured all the dry ingredients in and stirred it up. So far we just have red, we will save the other colors for later when we need something to do. Tonight she helped me make sugar cookies. She insisted on cracking the egg, of course I helped too, but you can imagine what that was like. I searched for egg shell and didn't find anything though. I let her stir some and put the red sprinkles on them. Needless to say there were sprinkles everywhere and every cookie was generously covered in tiny red crystals. So tonight we had cookies and milk while watching the Olympics opening ceremonies. Oh and I'm not sure who it was, but someone has taught Allie to dunk her cookies in her milk and that made quite a mess. Whomever that was owes me a floor cleaning! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment