Saturday, October 4, 2008
Pumpkins and Pies
They've been telling me that Louisiana is the state of festivals. However, we've been here for over a year and I have yet to go to one of these famous festivals. Today I ended that. I've been wanting to go to the Lecompte pie festival (prounounced la-count, strange I know, but that's one of many strange things about the state of Louisiana) since I found out about it last year. At first it didn't look like I was gonna get to go, everyone was either tired or busy. I was not gonna be defeated this time. I packed the girls up and we went ourselves and had a wonderful time! There were booths, pies of all different kinds, greasy festival food, inflatables for kids, and music. We had such a good time. I bought a few Christmas presents, pie for Andrew and me, a ghost cookie for Allie, balloons for the girls, and pumpkins. Allie was wonderful and obedient, Anna Grace just enjoyed riding around in the stroller and seeing all the sights. I had a wonderful day with my girls, and honestly, I was glad I didn't have to share my girls with anyone else!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment