Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Anna Grace update
Anna Grace had a check up with Dr. Thomas in Baton Rouge Thursday. It has been 3 months since the first bronchoscopy. She is doing very well. She is breathing perfectly and has no dangerous side effects as a result (that we know of anyway). Her voice is still a little raspy and gravely (sp?). He noticed but said if there was something on her vocal chords it would be too small and removing it could do more damage than good. So, he wants to see her in the fall. When she goes back it will have been a whole year since she even choked on the sticker. Hopefully, the voice issues will go away as time goes by. We don't want to get our hopes up either, it is very possible she has sustained permanent damage to her vocal chords. However, that is merely cosmetic. It was hard for me to be back at that hospital, so many memories flooded my head. As I was walking through the halls I started complaining in my head about having to carry Anna Grace and my back hurting. Then I remembered the many times I walked through those halls that I would have given anything to have my back hurt because I was carrying her. Instead of her lying lifeless in her hospital bed. It was a hard day, but I came out of it thankful for the past three months. I realized that we could have had completely different circumstances and I will take back pain any day over that!!!!! Thank you Lord for the blessing that is my Anna Grace!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment