I wanted to give everyone an quick update on all of our recent doctor visits. Anna Grace saw Dr. Thomas (the pediatric pulmonologist that saved her life) for another visit. We usually go every 6 months and he checks on her progress and breathing. On this visit he cleared us for graduation from his office. Essentially, we don't have to come back to him unless we notice any other problems. We've all noticed that the raspiness of her voice has disappeared which we originally thought was due to remaining scar tissue. The only remaining problems are that she chokes when she eats potato chips and if she gets a cold it immediately becomes a respiratory problem. We were relieved to get such a good report and a little sad that we wouldn't have our time with our favorite doctor every 6 months. We are minor celebrities in that office, since everyone watched the show, so we may make an appearance every once in awhile anyway.
I had my 12 week appointment a few weeks ago. That is usually the time when you hear the heartbeat for the first time, but this baby was not cooperating and no heartbeat was found. Everything is fine though, they just did my 6th ultrasound for this baby and saw "it" moving and the heart beating fine. I'm 15 weeks now and this baby has already caused more problems than my other 2 combined. I have my theories about why that is, but I have to keep that to myself so I don't get anyone's hopes up. Odds are it's a girl, but if we follow in the Price/Mullican tradition it should be a boy (my family, the Prices, had 2 girls then a boy, my mom's family the same). We have no names picked out yet, but we should find out pretty soon what it is and that will make it easier.
There is not much else going on with us other than finishing up our summer and the beginning of band camp for Andrew this week. Allie will start Pre-K on September 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment