We have renamed our child, we are now taking "Grace" out of her name. Poor baby has been to the ER and in surgery again. This time thankfully was alot less stressful than the last time. She rolled out of bed during a nap and somehow sliced open the corner of her mouth. I panicked about the amount of blood I saw and we headed to the ER, thinking stiches would be necessary. The ER doctor said we could do local anesthesia and stitch it up but that would be sloppy. He wanted to have a plastic surgeon do it and put her under because of her age and where it was. They wanted to do it right, and I agreed. So we waited and waited. Around 9:30 they finally took her back and we waited some more. It didn't take them long at all once she was back there. The surgeon said she would be fine and we could go home. She was pretty cranky but eventually went to sleep some time after midnight (we got home around 11:30). She's a tough cookie. She's doing fine, there's a little swelling still and she hasn't complained about pain yet this morning. We're taking it easy today and then we'll be back to school tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad she's okay!! Avery kept telling us she had a boo-boo too and that she needed to go to the hospital with AG :) Miss you all!!
Poor Anna Grace! I feel for the kid...I go through seasons of getting hurt a lot and randomly. Bless her...praying she grows out of it! The picture is precious and pitiful all at the same time.
Post a Comment