Friday, September 26, 2008

Bragging Rights

As a Mommy you get to brag about your child. It's your perogative to think your child is smarter than every one else's. I'm not saying that your child is dumb, I'm just saying that I as a mom, have the right to think my children are the cutest and smartest children there are. I didn't get this until I became a mom. So, I just wanna brag a little on my girls. Anna Grace is still limited on what she says, but in the last couple of days she's started saying "baby" and "Daddy". The change in the vowel sound is what is a new accomplishment for her, instead of saying "baba" or "dada". At her 9 month doctor's visit she weighed 17 lbs 12 oz and was 29 inches long. In the past her length has been about 3 months ahead of her age. This time the doctor told me she was the length of an average 14 month old. She did however, say she could probably gain some weight, she's a little too skinny. Then she got her flu shot, not fun but necessary.

Allie amazes us everyday. I began hearing her repeat songs and lines from her movies and tv shows. Her memory is AMAZING! So I started experimenting with her, I wanted to see what she could do. She already knew definitions to words like predicament, cooperation, and ornery. Now she knows how many sides each shape has, including octagon. While riding in the car she will point out the different shapes she finds on the street signs...including octagon. And you say "yeah but the stop sign is red and obvious" but no, she's points them out when she's looking at the back of the sign. She can spell her name, can't write it but call spell it. Sometimes she spells it with three L's. She's not even 3 yet, I'll give her 3 L's. Then, I decided to take it to the next level.....Scripture. And Yes she can do it. She has two verse memorized, Genesis 1:1 and Matthew 19:19 "Love you neighbor as yourself". Crazy! Better watch out for those Hunter girls!!! In fact I think they both may already be qualified to run for president and vice president.
Hunter-Hunter '08!!!!

1 comment:

Kim Ashby said...

Well, I'd definitely vote for them! :-) And I get the idea that your own kids are the cutest in the world. It's not just mom's though. Aunts are the same way. I swear my nephews are most beuatiful boys you will ever see!! And technically, the girls are my sorority "nieces" so they apply too, in that they are the most beautiful girls in the world!