Monday, September 15, 2008

Strike 1

Yes, I'm going to make you suffer through all my cakes. I was practicing for Allie's birthday (she has chosen ladybugs as her theme). I thought I could do one with flowers and ladybugs on it. It looked cute in my head. When I actually executed my idea Andrew and I gave it the title "Old Lady ladybug cake". It doesn't look like a 3 year olds birthday cake. So back to the drawing board we go. Actually I already have another idea, so next time I get the itch to make a cake I'll try this new idea. I'm trying to stay away from the character cake, but we may end up doing that anyway if nothing else I try works out. It was good practice and I think for an old lady ladybug cake it looked pretty good. After it was finished I noticed at one point that one of the flowers at the bottom was missing.....and there was only one suspect. So we asked her and she said no she had not eaten one of the flowers off Mommy's cake. Well, it was pretty easy to determine she was lying since Anna Grace can't reach it even if she pulled up to it, and nethier Andrew or I had taken it. So Allie got her first lesson in lying, and from the parents side that is a hard lesson to explain. I'm sure that's not the last time.

P.S. No I'm not eating all these cakes I've made. Luckily for me there's a girls dorm right up the road that is always in need of good study food!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your cakes! They are beautiful..You can start thinking about one for me next year=) Miss ya!