Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TLC Filming

I have been asked often how the filming went for TLC, so I figured I would just post it so everyone could be informed. They were here Thursday a little after 12 and left that evening around 8pm. It was a long and exhausting day. I stressed over what everyone would wear for days. I wanted everyone to look good but still look like us. I had a friend do my makeup that morning while Andrew let the girls take an early nap and gave them baths. We had a quick lunch and they arrived as we were finishing up, it all fell into place perfectly. It was a crew of only 2 people, a light/sound guy from Lafayette, LA and a girl who was the one calling all the shots from Maine. They were both contracted out by the production company and had never met before that day. They started off by filming us playing as a family outside on the swingset. Then, they made a solid attempt at interviewing the girls. Allie, obviously, was more willing to talk to them then Anna Grace was. Then we shipped the girls off to a friends house while they set up the interviews for me and Andrew. They did Andrew first in the kitchen, it was well over an hour before he had answered all of her questions. Then it was my turn, it was very long as well. They asked us to retell the whole story from the beginning, then went back and asked several specific questions. I've told that story many times, but never get into the details of it and having to do it then made it an emotionally exhausting day. We were told it would air sometime in December. There will be two one-hour specials of "Your Kid Ate What?", 4 stories total I believe, and they said we would probably be on the second episode. When we know the exact date I will let everyone know ASAP. Thanks for your support and your prayers!!!!

No comments: