We went to the zoo while we were there and got up close and personal with an elk. This thing came right up to us. One of the zookeepers said she was hand raised, so she was very comfortable being around humans. She was beautiful and very friendly. Allie wanted to pet her but I could see the headlines in my head, "small child attacked by elk" so I said no. Allie and Anna Grace loved being that close to an animal.


While in Tuscaloosa, I made an appointment for me and Allie to get our hair cut. I haven't found anyone I like yet in Pineville so I still go to Tuscaloosa for that. It ends up being quite an expensive haircut after you add up the mileage. We talked it up pretty good, that she would get to go to a special place and sit in a special chair while Miss Nancy cut her hair. So, she was very excited when the time finally came. She sat very still and didn't whine at all when Nancy brushed her hair (she whines when I do it every time). We just cut about an inch off the bottom to straighten everything up. We have to keep it long for her dance recital in May. She loves to show off her new haircut.



These are some random pictures we've taken recently of the girls. They're growing up so fast! We've been busy cleaning out the house and putting lots of things in storage. I had a pile of things and boxes waiting to go and that included the bouncy seat and the bebe pod. I found Anna Grace sitting in the bebe pod which was sitting in the bouncy seat, quite a fancy trick.


Allie has been working diligently on writing her letters. Did I tell you she could write a few letters? I never worked with her on it, then one day she told me she was going to write her name. I watched expecting scribbles then for her to proudly announce it was her name. Then she surprised us by actually writing what looked like the letter A. So Andrew told her to write the letter L....and she did. We tried lots of letters, some of the harder ones she couldn't do, but the real easy ones she had. They certainly didn't look perfect but she is only 3 and those fine motor skills are still developing. We are right now in a prayerful process of determining what we are going to do with her this fall. We may decide to homeschool her and begin some Pre-K curriculum or we may send her to Preschool somewhere. We'll see what happens, but we both believe she will thrive with some more focused and structured teaching.
These are some random pictures we've taken recently of the girls. They're growing up so fast! We've been busy cleaning out the house and putting lots of things in storage. I had a pile of things and boxes waiting to go and that included the bouncy seat and the bebe pod. I found Anna Grace sitting in the bebe pod which was sitting in the bouncy seat, quite a fancy trick.
Allie has been working diligently on writing her letters. Did I tell you she could write a few letters? I never worked with her on it, then one day she told me she was going to write her name. I watched expecting scribbles then for her to proudly announce it was her name. Then she surprised us by actually writing what looked like the letter A. So Andrew told her to write the letter L....and she did. We tried lots of letters, some of the harder ones she couldn't do, but the real easy ones she had. They certainly didn't look perfect but she is only 3 and those fine motor skills are still developing. We are right now in a prayerful process of determining what we are going to do with her this fall. We may decide to homeschool her and begin some Pre-K curriculum or we may send her to Preschool somewhere. We'll see what happens, but we both believe she will thrive with some more focused and structured teaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment