Saturday, November 8, 2008
Pinkalicious!
Allie's loves books. Thanks to her Aunt Carey and Aunt Carolyn, we have lots and lots of books. That's ok with me, she already has several memorized so she can "read" them to herself. Well, for her birthday her Aunt Carolyn bought her a new book called Pinkalicious. It's about a girl who makes pink cupcakes with pink frosting with her mom. She ate so many pink cupcakes that she woke up the next day to learn that she has turned pink. It's Allie's newest favorite. Thursday afternoon I was reading it to her for the 150th time and she asked me if she could have some pink cupcakes. I gave it a thought, checked to see if I had everything I would need in my pantry, and said yes, we can make some pink cupcakes. So we made the batter, put pink food coloring in it, then baked us lots of pink cupcakes. While they cooled we fixed and ate dinner. Then it was time to start on the frosting, by this point she had already had 3 cupcakes before they were even frosted. Some I let her have, some of those she just took. We mixed up our icing and colored it bright pink too. Then I iced all the cupcakes. I let her sit in her chair and brought her some juice and a pink frosted cupcake. I thought this was the moment she had been waiting for and I felt like such a nice Mommy for letting my child have something crazy like this. She took one bite, then said, "I don't like it Mommy". After I made all those pink cupcakes and she didn't like it. She probably was not hungry after having 3 cupcakes and dinner she probably didn't want anything else to eat. Well, then we woke up the next morning to go to the doctor to check on Anna Grace's wheezing (that's another story for another day), the doctor looked over at Allie and said "I think she has pink eye". Yup, she has pink eye, in both eyes. So watch out for those pinkalicous cupcakes.....they might actually make you turn pink, atleast your eyes anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment