Monday, November 10, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

I was inspired by someone else's Thankful list and decided to take some time and not only reflect on what I'm thankful for this year, but to share it. Hopefully mine will encourage someone else to really spend some time thinking about what they were thankful for this year. This list is in no particular order.

What I'm Thankful For 2008 edition
-Two beautiful, smart, and healthy little girls!
-A husband who loves me
-Louisiana College (last year this would not have made the list, but I'm growing increasingly thankful for what LC is and what they stand for, Pineville will have to wait another year though.....)
-We can finally say at Tennessee "Wait til Basketball season!"
-Community band, I've missed playing and have enjoyed getting back into it
-Lots of good babysitters!!!! :)
-Lessons the Lord has taught me this year, and there have been alot of them!
-Bro. Dick and Mrs. Carolyn (Mrs. Nana as Allie calls her) Debusk, our pastor and his wife
-Doctors and their God given knowledge, wisdom, and technology they use to keep us healthy
-Christian counseling, I found myself again!
-A church family that despite it's flaws seems to be headed on the right path. And for all the new, young families that have been coming recently.
-Roni Williams, who was a friend to me when I needed one the most!
-Cake decorating!!!!
-Blogspot, so all our friends and family that live in lands far far away can, in a sense, watch the girls grow up and feel included in our lives.
-Avery Grace Hopper (and the rest of the Hopper family). Our prayer is that we will remain such close friends with them for a long time and that our girls will be good friends too
-In car DVD players, that's the only way I would ever be able to make the trip to Tuscaloosa
-Parents who love me and support me, and of course love my girls
-Kingsville Baptist Church Mother's Day Out and all the other teachers
-Kim and Michele who from so far away can always cheer me up and make my day so much better
-DVR, oddly enough it has allowed Andrew and I to spend more quality time together and I don't have to miss an episode of Project Runway
-Dave Ramsey
-Carolyn and Charles, my brother and sister that I adore! When it's just the three of us I feel like I'm 15 again
-Other Moms, I love connecting with moms, we have so much to talk about.
-children's choir, I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be doing the children's choir at church, I don't even sing, but I love it!
-People who love my children
-Sips 'N Strokes :)
-That when I got married I got another set of parents, another sister, and 2 more grandmothers
-That my girls have lots of women in their lives to be good mentors to them
-The freedoms that we enjoy as Americans

No comments: