Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The tale of two duckies

I wish I had all the time in the world to share with you all the funny stories of things Allie says and does, but I would be on here all day and I would never get anything done. So I only get to share the really funny ones. This story is about Allie's two rubber duckies. One is your basic yellow duck and the other one is purple. She picked out the purple duck while I was shopping for Easter baskets. I tried to sneak it away from her many times only to have to put it back in the buggy. She would only play with that duck in the tub. My parents were in town last weekend for Anna Grace's baby dedication and for some reason she decided that the purple duck was Pi's (that's what she calls my dad) duck. She kept bringing it to him and wouldn't let him forget that it was his. Well, Allie has a really good sense of what belongs to whom. If you are using Mommy's cell phone she will let you know that it is not yours. I was giving Allie her bath last night and she asked for her duck. I gave her the first one I grabbed....the purple one. She said "No! The yellow duck!". I asked her what was wrong with the purple duck and she told me that it was Pi's duck. So, just to test her I asked her if I could play with the purple duck. She said "No! It's Pi's duck!". So this is your warning, unless you are Pi, don't touch the purple duck!

No comments: