Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Anna Lorraine Hunter

We are very saddened this morning at the loss of Andrew's grandmother Anna L. Hunter. She died last night at 8:15 pm. She died with Andrew and her children by her side. As much as the girls and I have missed him this past week, we are happy he was able to be there for his dad. Mrs. Hunter was such a sweet lady. She had been sick for quite awhile and even though it's hard for her family, we can rejoice because we know that she is right now in the presence of her heavenly Father. When I was pregnant with Anna Grace we couldn't decide on a girl name and eventually decided that we would like to name her after Mrs. Hunter, Anna. She was kind, gentle, funny, smart, her faith couldn't be shaken and she loved her family dearly (even those of us that married into her family). She always made sure to tell me that she was praying for our family. It is our prayer that Anna Grace will have some of those character qualities. She met Anna Grace twice. Andrew has lots of stories to tell her about Mrs. Hunter. We will make sure she knows the woman she was named after. Please keep the Hunter family in your prayers, especially her children. I can't imagine losing my mother, I know they are going through some hard times.

No comments: