Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Results

We are happy to report that the bronchoscopy went very well today. He said everything has healed perfectly. What very little scar tissue she has didn't require any action. We were with her in recovery again, but this time was very different. I was able to hold her and help her wake up. The nurses that were in recovery today were there for her first one and were thrilled to see she was doing better. After the bronch, Dr. Thomas said our next hurdle was eating. It wasn't long after the procedure that we had therapists in trying to get her to eat or drink something. We found a familiar sippy cup and she was eager to take it. She immediately put it in her mouth, the room exploded with cheers. We were told that if she didn't eat anything they would put a feeding tube directly into her stomach and send us home. As much as we would love to go home, we would prefer it be without any extra tubes. Needless to say, Andrew and I were cheering her on pretty hard. Then she had a few bites of applesauce and a few teddy grahams!!! As of right now, she still has the feeding tube, but hopefully that will change before the end of the day. Today has been very good day for us!!! We are finally seeing the light at the end of this tunnel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I literally cried when I read she is eating. I am THRILLED for you guys. Less worrying and more looking forward to home now.